Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Samdrupjongkhar, FCB godown on Fire.

Every time, when I hear about fire incidences, I have a very different feelings, feelings of exasperation. I was never pleased and swayed on any fire incidences so far. Honestly, until now I have never trusted on the cause of any fire disaster either.  

This morning, Kuensel updated me on, Food Cooperation of Bhutan, Samdrupjongkhar on fire. Which lasted nearly for seven hours. The more peeving news was that thousands gathered couldn't contained the fire. 

The more surprising to me was on the cause of fire which was reported unofficially was to be electric short circuit. Why every time our electricity circuit and LPG cylinder being upbraid? What is wrong with our power network and LPG cylinder?  

The big concern lies on the loss of food stored worth of Nu, 100 million plus that was completely raised into flame. Mathematically, the total amount that was consumed by fire cannot be earned by 1000 strong men in their entire life. 

However, the big worry is on survival of our civil servants and school children across the nation. What they will eat from tomorrow when every bits of ration was ruined by fire in the base. It must have occurred due to a human error. Where do we stand in term of GNH mindful index, when such incidences continues to ensue?

For me I feel, this is particularly a very melancholic fire incidences of all. The reason is very simple. Even a year old child can answer you on this, without any penny of hesitation. Firstly, Bhutan is a complete dependent nation to a giant India. Secondly, Bhutan has the least developed economy in the world. Thirdly, it is completely a huge loss for the whole nation. 

On June 24, 2012 –Wangduephodrang Dzong completely gutted and on October 25, 2010 –Chamkhar town raised 66 shops to ground and 267 people homeless for months. However, during this two separate massive fire incidences, honestly I did not worry much. But, this particular fire incidence have left me disturbed and bothered. Since, my concern was on how six schools in eastern Dzongkhag will survive, when their ration was gutted by fire in the base. They were little unlucky this time. Who should take a blame for this?  

Evert time, when I hear or see any fire incidences I always feel something is hidden and my mind always fills with tons of suspicion. I cannot guarantee all but almost all the fire incidences would be a forged one. Otherwise, every house has to be on fire every minute. Since, every household possess power line and LPG cylinder that runs every day. Why every time government properties and offices has to be always on fire? Until we have as serious monitoring system in place, we can never stop from fire incidences to happen.

I am unsure, when next electric short circuit might go wrong in PHPA offices. And I do hope that LPG cylinder in Damchu by-pass office will not storm and explode either. 

This is a serious matter to consider. It is time we must stand out together to put end to such rampant fire incidences from happening in the country, any big or small incidences can cause a serious crisis on our unstable economy and lives of our people. Please, play safe. Stay alert can only safe us from any man-made disaster in future.  Say NO to fire is the only solution!

No comments:

Post a Comment

World Cup Fever

Belgium was out last night. But I still have one last hope with England tonight.  Uruguay side seemed unarmed when Cavani couldn'...