Alcohol Free Birthday Party -- part II

Although, one's essential needs of food, clothing and shelter is something measurable. However, for kids the more important is the social environment in which they live in. For every kids their parents, relatives, friends, uncle and aunt usually plays a very significant role in making the kind of person we want them to be in future. 

Of course, their parents having a brand new car and a smart phone can give them a temporary feeling of satisfaction and enjoyment. But, in reality it will never give them the peace of mind and justice they want as a child.

We have been hearing and becoming a constant victim of so many alcohol related misconducts –lying, stealing, cheap sexual behavior, fighting and murdering are the most common happenings.  

The study conducted by RENEW and other relevant agency have also found out that about 96.7% of the crime and unwholesome domestic violence are reported to happen due to alcohol. Therefore, I personally feel banning the sale of the alcohol products legally is the only way forward to put end to all forms of violence. 

To better seal my opinion on the new idea of alcohol ban birthday party. I have recently met a group of unschooled women in the market with baby at their back. They seemed so traditional in their attire but not so much in their conversation. Their language were –beyond my education to understand. Yet, I made some rough conclusion. As I stand near to them, I had sensed some of them are desperately hunting to quench their thirst with popular Druk 11,000 brand. I knew their favorite brand wasn't in the market for some reasons. So, I waited patiently to hear their response. 

However, after sometime one of the woman seemed to be more desperate was leading a group had willfully accused the shopkeeper for not keeping the brand with so and so. 

I see 99.9% of our people are crazy in drinking. Since, they are made socially fit to drink right from their birth or many even before that. So, we share equal blame for this. 

The program's main motive is to educate people on drinking habits in front of their kids. The other is to give more and quality time at least during their birthday party. Conversely, what usually happen with us is, all the parents sulk in one corner with their brands and the child are left freely to the other end. Often, times before the birthday party ends, many parents would be intoxicated. They won't be in a good position to reach home. The safety of the kids is always forgotten.  

Therefore, as a responsible parent, I feel what other parent feel for their kids. In this modern world, I could see unfathomable challenges and responsibilities ahead of us to nurture our juniors; to an alcoholic or an addict is right in our hand!

Perhaps, I feel rather doubtful on how other parents would like this idea. I know it will take us long and needs all our dedication to understand on the cause and the effect of alcohol. However, this program can only be successful if all of us join hand sincerely and wholeheartedly. The concern agency have a similar plan to sincerely educate on free alcohol birthday party celebration to a wider audience have given me some hope. I wish them good luck!

Nonetheless, I have some reservation on how this customary offerings would end. I know Coca-Cola drinks also serves the same purpose. But, to what form? I also know many invited guest and relatives would surely miss distant uncle's birthday party.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iron Lady of India dies at 68.

Golden Words Of King Jigme Singye Wangchuck

Goodbye Beloved Teachers