Skip to main content

The Humble Captain

–O Captain! Please accept a few lines as my deepest appreciation for your goodness.

We seldom realize and appreciate the small act we sacrifice each second of our life. The world is overly becoming selfish and individualist. A naïve behavior and prejudices are on the rise. Unbecoming and arrogant behavior has become a part of life. However, despite many odds, I find you different. Perhaps, we do not need to promise Heaven and Secret Maitreya Jewel. Being simple and humble within you is the best thing ever happened to you? Please keep up the same spirit hereafter. Damphu Campus would be a heaven if we have 100 more like you. 

I am not just pleasing you, not garnering your attention for respecting me. Small acts, as this is priceless. Such things are difficult to find. It's not easy to bow down and respect someone. It comes through patience and with great virtue. It also shows the path taken by your parents and community. Please continue to do the same, even more as you face a more different world. Your act of goodness won't evaporate; instead it will make you glorious and dignified someday.

When you welcomed me in your classroom, I was muffled by a gust of happiness; I was amazed by your kind act. I was moved by your little sweet words. It need not have to be big and special. My heart shrunk. It gave me a different feeling altogether. More so, when you made an offer for the chair, which was lying on the other side of your class, it melted my heart so deeply. Although I wasn't part of your class, you made my 50 minutes of substitution class fruitful and memorable. I wasn't sure how fast the time flew away, the book I was reading –ended merrily. I wish you kept the same room and open heart for the rest of the teachers and friends as well. I must tell you, your classmates are in the safe hands, the luckiest one to have you as a class monitor, you lead by example, and that's very important. It is the vision of His Majesty the King. He would feel happy, if all Bhutanese have such high self-discipline –Tha dhamtse and Lay Zhumdrey like you preach. We want each one of our friends and communities to have a strongly rooted Bhutanese value like you show.  

Let me share with you a few things. I'm someone who deeply falls in love with education everyday. I love to be surrounded by young pupils like you sharing wisdom and knowledge. I like sharing vision of education and the type of future we look forward to as a peaceful nation. 

I was heavily made to think and rethink and overthink on your very generous courtesy shown towards me for the substitution period. It is becoming scarce and hard to find people with goodness these days. The charm of people is losing its end at the razor of technology. Sad to know that human beings are getting divided, and ignored in the face of the hi-tech world. Please keep up your goodness, do not stop from being a good human being even after education is long forgotten, even if no one appreciates you, it's absolutely fine to be you. You don't need anyone to validate your good self, the Earth is your witness and God is by your side.  

You became a gateway to inspiration and hope, glory and success to the rest of your class members. You don't have to offer someone with Humvees, or Ferrari. Diamond, or Harry Winston ring. Your small act and sweet mouth is more precious and secret.

I've no doubt that peace and harmony will prevail, prosperity and happiness will continue to sway on each Bhutanese as we head more into a complex world.

Thank you for making me so special!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iron Lady of India dies at 68.

It was neither a good news to millions of Tamilian nor to the parliament house. But, she will continue to remain one of the most influential person in politics and in the film industries. Perhaps, she became more than the goddess of Tamil Nadu politics. She has been a greatest asset to her country in her best pursuit. The women who has ruled India more like 'Gandhian Philosophy.'   Jayalalithaa jee She has done every preeminent possible ways to bring massive changes in the life of millions of people and uplifted the Indian society than any other women. She had worked so hard, she had risk every bits of her life just for the benefit of all the Indians because of which she had gained a huge popularity amongst the other leaders. She was popularly known as an ‘ Iron Lady ’ for being tough and firm in her action and ‘ Amma ’ for acting more than a mother for millions of homeless and to the needy ones.’   The best part I have seen throughout her political regime and fil

Golden Words Of King Jigme Singye Wangchuck

King Jigme Singye Wangchuck "...in particular, speaking for myself; my sorrow in having lost my own father is indeed very great. What is more the country has lost a king whose kind has till now never been known..."                                                                ( Royal proclamation to the people of Bhutan, July 26, 1972)                                      "...as far as you, my people, are concerned, you should not adopt the attitude that whatever is required to be done for your welfare will be done entirely by the government. On the contrary, a little effort on your part will be much more effective than a great deal of effort on the part of the government..."                                     ( Address to the people of the Bhutan on the coronation day . June 2 nd , 1974) "...children are our treasures. They hold the promise of the future and therefore, it is only right that they should be given every opportunity to develop

Goodbye Beloved Teachers

When life has thousands reasons to walk and live, I've thousands different ways to spend my coming holidays. So, does you all my ‘teacher-colleagues’ I've been working so hard for nearly, 280 days round the clock in, educating different lives with different wants, likes and ages. Honestly, I've been so busy and fully occupied for countless hours of teachings, correcting exam papers, assessing note books etc… – and that is called the life of a ‘every tangible teachers’. As a teacher/educator, almost every time - life goes beyond teaching and correcting exam papers. As, we need to engage our students into various fields of learning – going for extra classes, attending club activities, prayers, co-curricular activities, literary activities, cultural programs and so on…and this is the life of each teacher behind the screen. Yet, we get lots of blame starting from the people of highest rank to the lowest. In Bhutan, now a day in the name of suicide case, educa