Skip to main content

Public Transport, One Big Puzzle to Fix


I thought the days and time were gone, but 
Kuensel covered an interesting story on January 20, "Double ticketing and excess passengers in public transport continues"


To my little knowledge and with my own experience of travelling in a public transport, this is so true. No investigation is required. No document is required. No explanation is required. No further evidence is required. This is an above correct and long standing issue to address especially in our public transport service. 

 

I could sense some foul response given by the ticketing incharge. They are the sole responsible person with regard to issuing tickets whether it is to do online, or through call, or call made to the driver. They should confirm before issuing a double ticket. Or is it that the online app is so foolish, or the ticketing incharge is too clever to adjust the extra funds? This needs to be fixed!

 

As I read the kuensel article, there are many forgotten and blatant lies from the counter incharge, honestly. How can two, or three passengers get the same seat number for the same bus journey? This lie is over extended and excused for so long. 

 

What are our responsible incharges doing all these years? Our trusted RSTA should focus not only on whether someone has a driving license and valid documents, but also on such pertenanint issues. This is a matter of life and death. Therefore, I sincerely request our concerned stakeholders– bus owner, driver and RSTA to monitor on carrying exact numbers of passengers and rightful luggage. Let us be more Bhutanese and civilized for the sake of a long and perilous journey. 

 

Why is this issue still happening and how can it be fixed? We have a localised solution. The solution lies within us. We can solve this puzzle only if we become unkind and with foreign attitude. It also talks about our maturity and practical mindset. We must forget the misplaced compassion of being kind. Sometimes, and in such cases, we can be simply straight and unkind for the journey that is too dangerous and risky and long that lies ahead in the winding roads full of potholes and sharp turning and carefree drivers.

 

It's been a few years now, I stopped travelling by bus not because I have my car to drive. It's because our public transport service isn't clean, honest and too dangerous and too risky and too lenient. Drivers have their own timing. They stop by anywhere they like. They have their own known passengers, or relatives, or friends to occupy the seat, or have time in the bus anytime they like. This is not uncommon for us. 

 

I had some nightmare incidents while travelling by bus. Few times, I have reached to set destination delayed for several hours, or few occasions, I reached my destination next day, and one time I had to call my relatives to pick me up and worst I halt a night in the bus for drivers being so religious that he pick every passengers and their luggage that before it makes the final destination, the bus broke down in exasperation. 

 

I made the following comment on this article. "In my early days, I was one victim of such blatant ticketing systems by the careless ticket incharges. Make it online, or else fix this issue. This is one prolonged issue unseen and unspoken. In my case, I had to pitifully sacrifice my cash-ticket for an elderly lady. From the capital to my home destination, I bear the cost of standing and being so kind." 

 

One says, that's why I never travel by bus. The other says, I too happened to have the same ticket number. Someone should look into this matter seriously. RSTA, please do something. 

 

This is too much for the paid journey. 

 

Honestly, over anything, I love to travel by bus over driving a car. This not only saves cost but also cut down pollution and traffic jams.  


What we pay for the journey is too little to save our life and livelihood?


Therefore, I have sacrificed so much to own a car for the reasons that our public transport is unsafe, messy, difficult and harsh.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iron Lady of India dies at 68.

It was neither a good news to millions of Tamilian nor to the parliament house. But, she will continue to remain one of the most influential person in politics and in the film industries. Perhaps, she became more than the goddess of Tamil Nadu politics. She has been a greatest asset to her country in her best pursuit. The women who has ruled India more like 'Gandhian Philosophy.'   Jayalalithaa jee She has done every preeminent possible ways to bring massive changes in the life of millions of people and uplifted the Indian society than any other women. She had worked so hard, she had risk every bits of her life just for the benefit of all the Indians because of which she had gained a huge popularity amongst the other leaders. She was popularly known as an ‘ Iron Lady ’ for being tough and firm in her action and ‘ Amma ’ for acting more than a mother for millions of homeless and to the needy ones.’   The best part I have seen throughout her political regime and fil

Golden Words Of King Jigme Singye Wangchuck

King Jigme Singye Wangchuck "...in particular, speaking for myself; my sorrow in having lost my own father is indeed very great. What is more the country has lost a king whose kind has till now never been known..."                                                                ( Royal proclamation to the people of Bhutan, July 26, 1972)                                      "...as far as you, my people, are concerned, you should not adopt the attitude that whatever is required to be done for your welfare will be done entirely by the government. On the contrary, a little effort on your part will be much more effective than a great deal of effort on the part of the government..."                                     ( Address to the people of the Bhutan on the coronation day . June 2 nd , 1974) "...children are our treasures. They hold the promise of the future and therefore, it is only right that they should be given every opportunity to develop

Goodbye Beloved Teachers

When life has thousands reasons to walk and live, I've thousands different ways to spend my coming holidays. So, does you all my ‘teacher-colleagues’ I've been working so hard for nearly, 280 days round the clock in, educating different lives with different wants, likes and ages. Honestly, I've been so busy and fully occupied for countless hours of teachings, correcting exam papers, assessing note books etc… – and that is called the life of a ‘every tangible teachers’. As a teacher/educator, almost every time - life goes beyond teaching and correcting exam papers. As, we need to engage our students into various fields of learning – going for extra classes, attending club activities, prayers, co-curricular activities, literary activities, cultural programs and so on…and this is the life of each teacher behind the screen. Yet, we get lots of blame starting from the people of highest rank to the lowest. In Bhutan, now a day in the name of suicide case, educa