Chilli Story.

Our organic gang is robbing the country. This is for them,
the only possible remedy to stop them from turning illegal.

Nu. 700 per kilogram! For what? Green Chilies of Punakha. What's wrong with our chili these days?

Chilies are an essential ingredient which make up 25% to 75% of our dishes. There isn't any other substitute for it. And going by the price hike, back home I am thoroughly confused what number of chili should I add to prepare a meal. 

Expensive meals! It looks perfect but what about the survival, when Electricity tariff and Smart Net Pack system is already robbing us.  

If situation do not improve in coming days, I won't hesitate to beg chicken-chili from my neighborhood lady.

After hearing the market price of our chilies, the very first impression I had was to quit eating chili. I would rather prefer to go for other balance diet foods to hit my dining table than to pay this huge sum for one item. Honestly, I don't want to lose my hard earned money simply to these group of hungry farmers. 

Although, with the ban of foreign chilies, our local chilies are doing good jobs, have dominated the market and our farmers are being profited but this times they seemed to be above the law. I don't know what's wrong with their chilies. 

Through mathematics one meal is costing close to thousand bucks. I find this is a very expensive affairs for a common people to continue for every day.    

What do we expect our people to auction - their Kidney or their heart!  

Last year the same green chili was sold for a maximum of Nu. 200 a kg at this time of the year. And today the same chili is costing Nu. 700 a kg. I feel this is too high. Who is playing this hide and seek game? What if we are to market our produce outside Bhutan? What should we call them - literate or educated? But, for me they are the Great fools, a crazy farmers!

Why this time, our agriculture ministry has fail terribly to maintain the reasonable and uniform price?  This is not fair! 

This is perfectly a barbarian hoard. I call this, a weaponless mugging. – corruption and power struggle are still the growing concern we have in the country. I called this is a chili war! 

Every time I walk past the street, I see endless posters calling for 'Gross National Happiness' and justice for all. Where in the name of this is our Happiness, while we mine the price of a kilo of chili unreasonably high?

Are they doing this to impress other organic gangs or simply testing the imperturbability of our rule makers or do they have some representative above the country's law?

In the name of organic product our farmers have already crossed the red line marketing norms of the kingdom. This is too bad for a small developing country.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iron Lady of India dies at 68.

Golden Words Of King Jigme Singye Wangchuck

Goodbye Beloved Teachers