Skip to main content

Blessing in Disguise

Water Tank ready for use.  
Finally, I have my rush of adrenaline increased issues have subsided, because my long awaited water filter project have made its end. Perhaps, I am finally relieved from the daily routine. Honestly, for a yearlong all my heart and brain was filled with water here and filter there. It took me almost a year to materialize my project successfully. Indeed, the project came at the cost of millions of sacrifices but never thought this project would reach this far. Although, it took good amount of my time. But, it was life enriching experiences and thoroughly a new lesson to take –beyond the call of life. I was informed that this SkyHydrant water filter is first of its kind in Bhutan making me so so lucky and my school kids!

Initially, when I started to dream about doing this project. I did not dream for such a huge and expensive project to stand my way. However, I did it with all the support from Rotary Club of Thimphu and Disaster Aid Australia.
 
Filter installation with the help from BTO team. 
Let me briefly talk about my dream of this project.

The rough idea came to me when I have visited to Sarpang HSS for an exam invigilation duty. It was in late 2016. I was thoroughly impressed by their drinking water facilities in the school. It was clean and safe. I owe for the school management for installing such a good system of clean drinking water policy in place for many innocent kids. Although, it was a brief stay in the school. However, one good thing I came back home is with the rich idea of installing same or similar kind of drinking water facilities in my school too. I have inquired school principal about the installation cost and the availability of the system in the country. To his best, he gave me the full length of the project installation. In fact, he was kind and generous to share his experiences and wisdom about the water filter. He has some hands in this project too. THANK YOU SIR!

I know it was quite expensive to work on my own expenses. In between this, I took some domestic break. During this course of time, I came to realize Aue, Yeshey Dorji, who serve as Club Secretary for Rotary Club of Thimphu. Rotary Club is a kind of NGO that support people from all works of life across the world. Club's main focus always lies in the field of education and life skills, health and well being, farming and food security. And my case is no different. 

I know him for quite long time as a seasoned blogger and a fine professional photographer. I admire him professionally and follow him closely to the brink of my heart for his photography passion and skills. He is also my Hero! All I know is, he can easily sacrifice his own life at the cost of photography and raises a strong and patriotic concern over to those who is unsympathetic to environment. 

Perhaps, he is a rare species in kind!

Actually, I have never thought such would be my project. I have never started this project to end to such a high end expenses. I just wanted my water filter dream to end in simple and decent water filter system. Yet because of Aue, Yeshey Dorji and Rotary Club of Australia for making my dream of water filter project possible with lavish SkyHydrant water filter system in place. They were the one to make my dream ambitious and true. THANK YOU!

The intent of the project is never for a personal gain. It's all for the sake of many innocent school kids and for staff at large. Please, remember the water that comes out from this filter system is cold and fine, perfectly filtered, comes ready to drink. Enjoy fresh and high quality water out from my tap.

However, to do this project I have actually sacrificed my professional, personal and family time. But, after having done such a huge and expensive project. I am finally satisfied and relaxed. I am content with what I have started one year back with a project proposal never to end at this level. 

This project is a collective work of many people around the world. My first thanks and appreciation goes to Aue, Yeshey Dorji, Club Secretary (Rotary Club) of Thimphu and Rotary club of Australia for donating and supplying such an expensive gear, which I never thought would happen in my school. I thank DCM driver for safely delivering two polythene water tank from Thimphu to Zhemgang. Aue, Passu, owner of Bhutan Toilet Organization for installing the water filter system. I would also like to thank my school management (principal), school plumber, students and colleagues for supporting me with necessary support and energy.
 
Students enjoying fresh and fine water.
I have earnestly requested all my students and colleagues to enjoy clean and fresh water hereafter. At the same time I have also warn them to be a responsible person. 

I have requested them to handle water tap with Love and Care. Close the tap after use. Finally it became our property! 

Pelden Drukpa Gyelo...

Comments

  1. Happy to be part of this Rotary Club of Thimphu Project that brought the first ever Skyhydrent filtration system to Bhutan.
    Your passion for change has made it happen. So happy for your school and the children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw it on the BBS. Keep up the good work! I cannot appreciate enough when the teachers do so much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Iron Lady of India dies at 68.

It was neither a good news to millions of Tamilian nor to the parliament house. But, she will continue to remain one of the most influential person in politics and in the film industries. Perhaps, she became more than the goddess of Tamil Nadu politics. She has been a greatest asset to her country in her best pursuit. The women who has ruled India more like 'Gandhian Philosophy.'   Jayalalithaa jee She has done every preeminent possible ways to bring massive changes in the life of millions of people and uplifted the Indian society than any other women. She had worked so hard, she had risk every bits of her life just for the benefit of all the Indians because of which she had gained a huge popularity amongst the other leaders. She was popularly known as an ‘ Iron Lady ’ for being tough and firm in her action and ‘ Amma ’ for acting more than a mother for millions of homeless and to the needy ones.’   The best part I have seen throughout her political regime and fil

Golden Words Of King Jigme Singye Wangchuck

King Jigme Singye Wangchuck "...in particular, speaking for myself; my sorrow in having lost my own father is indeed very great. What is more the country has lost a king whose kind has till now never been known..."                                                                ( Royal proclamation to the people of Bhutan, July 26, 1972)                                      "...as far as you, my people, are concerned, you should not adopt the attitude that whatever is required to be done for your welfare will be done entirely by the government. On the contrary, a little effort on your part will be much more effective than a great deal of effort on the part of the government..."                                     ( Address to the people of the Bhutan on the coronation day . June 2 nd , 1974) "...children are our treasures. They hold the promise of the future and therefore, it is only right that they should be given every opportunity to develop

Goodbye Beloved Teachers

When life has thousands reasons to walk and live, I've thousands different ways to spend my coming holidays. So, does you all my ‘teacher-colleagues’ I've been working so hard for nearly, 280 days round the clock in, educating different lives with different wants, likes and ages. Honestly, I've been so busy and fully occupied for countless hours of teachings, correcting exam papers, assessing note books etc… – and that is called the life of a ‘every tangible teachers’. As a teacher/educator, almost every time - life goes beyond teaching and correcting exam papers. As, we need to engage our students into various fields of learning – going for extra classes, attending club activities, prayers, co-curricular activities, literary activities, cultural programs and so on…and this is the life of each teacher behind the screen. Yet, we get lots of blame starting from the people of highest rank to the lowest. In Bhutan, now a day in the name of suicide case, educa