Skip to main content

What you think about Book Business?


"Dear Sirs and Madams" I have book to sell. Would you all not mind to have a copy each, please? The book is authored by our fellow Bhutanese and it's a good book to read. The book has an excellent inside story. At least you all can buy for your kids, please. The cost of the book is Nu. 350.00.  

"Sir, please can you wait for a moment." I needed to discuss this matter with my wife. I waited with little hope and the reply was, "sir my wife had already planned to buy her hair gel." So sorry Sir. It's Okay. I said. Anyway, thank you so much for your interest. 

Perhaps, the most gut-wrenching moment is when you are made to wait and hear nothing positive. However, I did not stop here. I went straight into different classes and posed the same question.

"Dear boys and girls" I have book to sell. If you are interested to have a copy of the book please you can see me with Nu. 350. To further authenticate and arose some curiosity I have them briefed on the book and the author. I told them it's a good book to read but at the same time I also warned them, the author isn't the owner of Silicon Valley nor an American Boy. The author is an ordinary fellow Bhutanese, friend of everyone. However, I could happily read some reluctant faces in some corners. I have seen many have openly submitted their unwillingness and few have turned down as far as to south.  

So many question started to erupt over into my mind. How many of us read books for fun? How often we take our kids to book shop? Are our kids cultured to buy and read books? Do we want our kids to be a good reader when they finish their schooling? Can reading a book help school going children do better in their academics? Are we still hoping to get all free supply of reading book for our kids? Are we waiting for national reading week to come? 

But in my case, I have to sell those books. So, I kept chasing for each willing buyers till I finish my job. Honestly, I did not stop there when I was tired and exhausted. I tried and sold all the copies of the book like a hot cake.

Anyone planning to publish a book in near future need to ask questions like the market opportunities and the publishing house before putting pen to paper. I see particularly there are huge risk involved in this business. I feel so sorry for the willing heart though. 

If you think reading can create magic, buy a book of any kinds and start to read from now. 

Note: This article is completely a personal expression of the author and do not intend to harm anyone in any form.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iron Lady of India dies at 68.

It was neither a good news to millions of Tamilian nor to the parliament house. But, she will continue to remain one of the most influential person in politics and in the film industries. Perhaps, she became more than the goddess of Tamil Nadu politics. She has been a greatest asset to her country in her best pursuit. The women who has ruled India more like 'Gandhian Philosophy.'   Jayalalithaa jee She has done every preeminent possible ways to bring massive changes in the life of millions of people and uplifted the Indian society than any other women. She had worked so hard, she had risk every bits of her life just for the benefit of all the Indians because of which she had gained a huge popularity amongst the other leaders. She was popularly known as an ‘ Iron Lady ’ for being tough and firm in her action and ‘ Amma ’ for acting more than a mother for millions of homeless and to the needy ones.’   The best part I have seen throughout her political regime and fil

Golden Words Of King Jigme Singye Wangchuck

King Jigme Singye Wangchuck "...in particular, speaking for myself; my sorrow in having lost my own father is indeed very great. What is more the country has lost a king whose kind has till now never been known..."                                                                ( Royal proclamation to the people of Bhutan, July 26, 1972)                                      "...as far as you, my people, are concerned, you should not adopt the attitude that whatever is required to be done for your welfare will be done entirely by the government. On the contrary, a little effort on your part will be much more effective than a great deal of effort on the part of the government..."                                     ( Address to the people of the Bhutan on the coronation day . June 2 nd , 1974) "...children are our treasures. They hold the promise of the future and therefore, it is only right that they should be given every opportunity to develop

Goodbye Beloved Teachers

When life has thousands reasons to walk and live, I've thousands different ways to spend my coming holidays. So, does you all my ‘teacher-colleagues’ I've been working so hard for nearly, 280 days round the clock in, educating different lives with different wants, likes and ages. Honestly, I've been so busy and fully occupied for countless hours of teachings, correcting exam papers, assessing note books etc… – and that is called the life of a ‘every tangible teachers’. As a teacher/educator, almost every time - life goes beyond teaching and correcting exam papers. As, we need to engage our students into various fields of learning – going for extra classes, attending club activities, prayers, co-curricular activities, literary activities, cultural programs and so on…and this is the life of each teacher behind the screen. Yet, we get lots of blame starting from the people of highest rank to the lowest. In Bhutan, now a day in the name of suicide case, educa