Skip to main content

The Season of Awards

As the year draws to its end, chilly weather at its best. It's the season to remember, reflect and introspect for the year which is soon to become history and the past. Perhaps, now it's time to seek blessing for good health, wealth and happiness as the New Year is about to knock the heaven's door in hope. 

 

The civil service medal and promotion were awarded to eligible civil servants. Nevertheless, the certificate for academic excellence was also awarded to school and university students. These are the symbols of great achievement for the recipients and their families, friends and colleagues, schools and institutions. This is how the nation is built. 

 

High school classmates in the Far East were decorated in colorful Gho and a Tsho Lham (Traditional Bhutanese Boot) for the civil service medal. Likewise down South, a close friend of mine was seen offering butter lamps and paying homage to local deities before heading to receive her 10-year service medal.

 

I have congratulated them for servicing the Tsa-Wa-Sum wholeheartedly 

 

The civil service award was a way of thanking, acknowledging and expressing gratitude to the civil servants for serving the country with dedication. On the other hand, it also serves as a reminder of the greater responsibilities that are ahead.

 

Friday afternoon I received a warm Tashi Delek message from my previous principal. It was for my Meritorious Promotion. 13 teachers and a principal out of 36 total awardees were in the list. The highest number is no doubt for the teaching force. 

 

 

I was more than happy and proud of myself. It's a lifetime achievement not only for me but also to my family and parents. Over the phone, I have shared my proud moment with my wife, parents and other family members. Within a few minutes, many “congratulation” texts have flooded from them.

 

As I have deeply celebrated each congratulatory message, I took a moment to reflect upon my career as a teacher. I have seriously coerced upon these queries –what have I done so special? Am I capable of the award? Do I deserve this promotion? How much have I benefited the school, students, colleagues and communities? Did I fulfill the vision and aspiration of His majesty The King? 

 

However, I am proud to say that, for the past nine years I have been so well married to a teaching job. Indeed, this noble sector was everything –my livelihood, my happiness, my service and my place of worship. I have trodden so hard, given so much focus in nation building and attention to my work and taken care of thousands of innocent kids. I have tried everything –few failed, but that did not stop me from trying more. There are many success stories, hope and dreams being created for many innocent souls. I have had a lot of experiences and memories of school as a leader, educator and nonetheless as a Role Model to share. 

 

Like any other civil servants, entrepreneurs or businessperson, I always gave 100 percent to my work. I always try hard and give my best no matter what amount of tasks I handle. I have also learnt to sacrifice more for my country. I am committed, I always remain honest and accountable for any work I undertake. 

 

Above all, I am a bit worried about how to maintain the flow of my career -evergreen and worthy hereafter. More than 6-month advantage and pay package, best wishes and trust –it was an achievement –my dedication and sacrifice made for the school made me feel proud. I will always keep myself pushing forward till the end of my service to the Tsa-Wa-Sum.

 

This achievement will definitely remind me to work more and harder for the country and thousands of innocent kids with different dreams and aspirations. Deep inside I feel this promotion is nothing but a symbol of valor, my personal sacrifice and courage trodden with dedication. 

 

To the other end, it wasn’t kind to convince my unschooled mother back home. Perhaps, it was Greek to my father and eldest sister. My achievement to them was very sober. 

 

I felt lucky to share this rare opportunity with many distinguished civil servants. It is my hope that the rest of the awardees and the future recipients will be proud of their legacy, sacrifice, hard work, commitment and dedication.  

 

I would like to express my gratitude to my previous principal (Rinzin Namgyal sir) for guiding me tirelessly and letting me try almost everything I wish. Today I would proudly raise my head and claim that he is my principal. I always see sir as a great friend, brother, idol and more importantly a visionary LEADER. Thank you sir for not clipping my wing under your leadership. You are the man thousands of students and teachers look up to as an inspiration. 

 

I would like to express my deepest gratitude and appreciation to my wife, two beautiful kids, principal, vice chair, committee, colleagues and students of Zhemgang Central School for giving me the wings to fly high. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iron Lady of India dies at 68.

It was neither a good news to millions of Tamilian nor to the parliament house. But, she will continue to remain one of the most influential person in politics and in the film industries. Perhaps, she became more than the goddess of Tamil Nadu politics. She has been a greatest asset to her country in her best pursuit. The women who has ruled India more like 'Gandhian Philosophy.'   Jayalalithaa jee She has done every preeminent possible ways to bring massive changes in the life of millions of people and uplifted the Indian society than any other women. She had worked so hard, she had risk every bits of her life just for the benefit of all the Indians because of which she had gained a huge popularity amongst the other leaders. She was popularly known as an ‘ Iron Lady ’ for being tough and firm in her action and ‘ Amma ’ for acting more than a mother for millions of homeless and to the needy ones.’   The best part I have seen throughout her political regime and fil

Golden Words Of King Jigme Singye Wangchuck

King Jigme Singye Wangchuck "...in particular, speaking for myself; my sorrow in having lost my own father is indeed very great. What is more the country has lost a king whose kind has till now never been known..."                                                                ( Royal proclamation to the people of Bhutan, July 26, 1972)                                      "...as far as you, my people, are concerned, you should not adopt the attitude that whatever is required to be done for your welfare will be done entirely by the government. On the contrary, a little effort on your part will be much more effective than a great deal of effort on the part of the government..."                                     ( Address to the people of the Bhutan on the coronation day . June 2 nd , 1974) "...children are our treasures. They hold the promise of the future and therefore, it is only right that they should be given every opportunity to develop

Goodbye Beloved Teachers

When life has thousands reasons to walk and live, I've thousands different ways to spend my coming holidays. So, does you all my ‘teacher-colleagues’ I've been working so hard for nearly, 280 days round the clock in, educating different lives with different wants, likes and ages. Honestly, I've been so busy and fully occupied for countless hours of teachings, correcting exam papers, assessing note books etc… – and that is called the life of a ‘every tangible teachers’. As a teacher/educator, almost every time - life goes beyond teaching and correcting exam papers. As, we need to engage our students into various fields of learning – going for extra classes, attending club activities, prayers, co-curricular activities, literary activities, cultural programs and so on…and this is the life of each teacher behind the screen. Yet, we get lots of blame starting from the people of highest rank to the lowest. In Bhutan, now a day in the name of suicide case, educa