Skip to main content

I wish I was a Painter


A farmer by profession. A painter by destiny, was a man I met unofficially in my school campus few months back. He is an extraordinary man. He creates magic when he is with his little brush and a color. I bet you, his painting skills will simply impress you. He not only does painting works but also does farm work to keep his livelihood sound and alive.


He recently took some painting works at my school campus. I met him for a brief moment when he was busy painting Tazey (assembly podium). I chanced to share about his painting works. For a while he claim to say that government jobs are far superior and healthy to what he does. However, it took me long to convince him even though I have backed with some good reasons to stand my claim. 
 
Assembly Podium


With unemployment on rise, our curriculum must focus onto practical and hand on experience lessons, broadening their knowledge and nurturing transferable skills to support their success in school and later in their life. Education must prepare life beyond the syllabus to overcome daily obstacles and challenges. 

Rather than simply sipping in mere redundant unhealthy contents, our school must blend curriculum and some U-Turn program with rich practical based learning of paintings, carpentry skills, masonry skills, pastoral farming and arable farming, which shall benefit in building better, stronger and self-sufficient nation. We need thousands of successful businessman, farm owners, painters, mason and agriculturist, who can bring more money for themselves, community and the country. We need farmers who can supply our own farm produces –more eggs, more pork, more rice, and more organic vegetables at a cheaper price.

His painting works not only boost his livelihood but also he can send his kids to school without having to loan money from his insatiate neighbors. Perhaps, whatever he earns, he don't regret much for not being able to pursue his education. Education don't alone make a living. Even if he would have been to school, he may have lend up becoming a painter. So whatever he does, he seemed pretty content. He believes in his painting skills. Perhaps, painting is his birth gift.  

At first sight, I felt pity on this little unschooled man, but after knowing him, I felt pity on myself. His earning is impressive. His earning is roughly double my salary. Thank God! I didn't mention my salary. 

I not only have developed a deep admiration for his work and earnings but also for his luxury of time. 

He mostly does a traditional paintings, which symbolically represents country, dharma, peace and spirituality. Above all it also represent the age old culture and tradition of the country that have not even lost an inch of its original design and symbolic representation that have existed for centuries.

From a school boy to a bearded man, I am always impressed with Drukpa Kingley's divine red Phallus painting on the doors of buildings and Lhakhangs. The size of his Phallus amaze me the most. According to legends, Phallus painting on the walls have so many benefits, it also represent the exclusive spirit and identity of the Himalayan Kingdom. Indeed, almost all the paintings are said to have originated from Tibet.

If I were a painter, I don't have to be bound with 9 to 5 job and need not have to be under the boss. 


Someday, I wish to become a painter…but the time will only going to tell. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iron Lady of India dies at 68.

It was neither a good news to millions of Tamilian nor to the parliament house. But, she will continue to remain one of the most influential person in politics and in the film industries. Perhaps, she became more than the goddess of Tamil Nadu politics. She has been a greatest asset to her country in her best pursuit. The women who has ruled India more like 'Gandhian Philosophy.'   Jayalalithaa jee She has done every preeminent possible ways to bring massive changes in the life of millions of people and uplifted the Indian society than any other women. She had worked so hard, she had risk every bits of her life just for the benefit of all the Indians because of which she had gained a huge popularity amongst the other leaders. She was popularly known as an ‘ Iron Lady ’ for being tough and firm in her action and ‘ Amma ’ for acting more than a mother for millions of homeless and to the needy ones.’   The best part I have seen throughout her political regime and fil

Golden Words Of King Jigme Singye Wangchuck

King Jigme Singye Wangchuck "...in particular, speaking for myself; my sorrow in having lost my own father is indeed very great. What is more the country has lost a king whose kind has till now never been known..."                                                                ( Royal proclamation to the people of Bhutan, July 26, 1972)                                      "...as far as you, my people, are concerned, you should not adopt the attitude that whatever is required to be done for your welfare will be done entirely by the government. On the contrary, a little effort on your part will be much more effective than a great deal of effort on the part of the government..."                                     ( Address to the people of the Bhutan on the coronation day . June 2 nd , 1974) "...children are our treasures. They hold the promise of the future and therefore, it is only right that they should be given every opportunity to develop

Goodbye Beloved Teachers

When life has thousands reasons to walk and live, I've thousands different ways to spend my coming holidays. So, does you all my ‘teacher-colleagues’ I've been working so hard for nearly, 280 days round the clock in, educating different lives with different wants, likes and ages. Honestly, I've been so busy and fully occupied for countless hours of teachings, correcting exam papers, assessing note books etc… – and that is called the life of a ‘every tangible teachers’. As a teacher/educator, almost every time - life goes beyond teaching and correcting exam papers. As, we need to engage our students into various fields of learning – going for extra classes, attending club activities, prayers, co-curricular activities, literary activities, cultural programs and so on…and this is the life of each teacher behind the screen. Yet, we get lots of blame starting from the people of highest rank to the lowest. In Bhutan, now a day in the name of suicide case, educa