Skip to main content

Five Best Things

I. Tiny Things

There's an old saying, "small thing, small heart." While it's fine to hold onto traditional beliefs, this one doesn't always seem obvious.

As a child, I was fascinated with small things, as evident from my handwriting—tiny and almost microscopic. Many of my friends often joke that they need a magnifying glass to read it.

Growing up, my love for small things extended beyond my handwriting to my hair, clothes, and gadgets—all the tiniest options. I always preferred small phone sizes, likely for their compactness and light weight. At one point, I even had a significant collection of small writing pens and notepads.

Google


II. Green Vegetables

I am a huge fan of the color green, especially when it comes to vegetables and fruits. I prefer green vegetables, particularly homegrown ones, over any expensive meat items. My preference for green isn't connected to any religious beliefs or dislikes; I simply enjoy green items for their health benefits, both now and in the future.

Once, I was watching a TV show called "NHK" and came across a documentary featuring a senior lady and her partner sharing how they've stayed so healthy and fit at their age. She immediately replied that they mostly eat homegrown green vegetables. Even before that, I already liked many green vegetables, but watching the program profoundly reinforced my views on green items. Today, green items often top my shopping list.

Google


III. Dawn Breaking Hours

Dawn is my favorite time of the day—the virgin hour. I often go for morning walks to immerse myself in the beauty of dawn. The experience of fresh air and watching the light touch the ground is indescribable. To get the real feel and charm, one must ask someone who appreciates the morning hours.

If I had to choose between sleep and witnessing dawn, I would always choose the latter. There's nothing greater than catching the fresh morning air and seeing how light touches the ground. It's just the perfect way to start a day!

Google


IV. The Cameras

I have a deep connection with cameras, rooted in my childhood when I maintained a photo album. I always fancied myself with a great camera in hand. I would often borrow money from my parents to buy camera film, called "negative," which had limited shots (29-30), so I had to be very careful with each one. During school picnics, I had to save film to take pictures with my classmates and teachers, making those moments special and extraordinary.

My dream was to own a DSLR camera, and as soon as I joined the civil service, I bought a Canon DSLR.

However, I had to hide my camera for two months to avoid arguments with my wife, but eventually, I shared my passion with her and surprised her with the camera. Photography allows me to capture moments that can never be reversed, making me a keeper of time.

My ultimate dream is to be the photographer for His Majesty The King, capturing moments that are shared worldwide. Most of the Royal Photographs "Kupar" would remain in history, giving me a profound sense of achievement. I would easily prefer to be the King's Photographer over any other million-dollar offer.

Google


V. The Books

I'm not a great reader or writer, but I believe books are windows to the world. I developed a reading habit later in life and now have a deep connection with books. I prefer buying books over spending money on food when I visit places with good bookstores, like Thimphu, Gelephu, or Phuntsholing. I love giving and receiving books as gifts and often share my collection with friends.

Now with age, I always fancy myself with a lot of free time to sit in a quiet room with a good book in hand and coffee by my side, in the midst of fresh air.

In today's tech-driven age, encouraging reading is a great way to engage children away from screens. I hope my kids become avid readers and gain the wisdom that comes with it.

Google



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye Beloved Teachers

When life has thousands reasons to walk and live, I've thousands different ways to spend my coming holidays. So, does you all my ‘teacher-colleagues’ I've been working so hard for nearly, 280 days round the clock in, educating different lives with different wants, likes and ages. Honestly, I've been so busy and fully occupied for countless hours of teachings, correcting exam papers, assessing note books etc… – and that is called the life of a ‘every tangible teachers’. As a teacher/educator, almost every time - life goes beyond teaching and correcting exam papers. As, we need to engage our students into various fields of learning – going for extra classes, attending club activities, prayers, co-curricular activities, literary activities, cultural programs and so on…and this is the life of each teacher behind the screen. Yet, we get lots of blame starting from the people of highest rank to the lowest. In Bhutan, now a day in the name of suicide case, educa

Golden Words Of King Jigme Singye Wangchuck

King Jigme Singye Wangchuck "...in particular, speaking for myself; my sorrow in having lost my own father is indeed very great. What is more the country has lost a king whose kind has till now never been known..."                                                                ( Royal proclamation to the people of Bhutan, July 26, 1972)                                      "...as far as you, my people, are concerned, you should not adopt the attitude that whatever is required to be done for your welfare will be done entirely by the government. On the contrary, a little effort on your part will be much more effective than a great deal of effort on the part of the government..."                                     ( Address to the people of the Bhutan on the coronation day . June 2 nd , 1974) "...children are our treasures. They hold the promise of the future and therefore, it is only right that they should be given every opportunity to develop

The Story of Malika Chand.

There lived a schoolteacher named Malika Chand. She loved teaching and treated her students as she would, her own children. Nurturing their potential with great kindness. Her perennial motto was, 'Your,  I can is more important than your,  IQ .' She was known throughout her community as a person who lived to give. Who selflessly served anyone in need? Sadly, her beloved school, which had stood as a silent witness to the delightful progress of generations of children, succumbed to the flames of a fire set by an arsonist one night. All those in the community felt this great loss. But as time passed by, their anger gave way to apathy and they resigned themselves to the fact that their children would be without a school. "What about Malika?"   "She was different, an eternal optimist if there ever was one. Unlike everyone around her, she perceived opportunity in what had happened. She told all the parents that every setback offers an equivalent benefit