Skip to main content

Service Beyond Words


At first I was a bit worried about my stay in Korea. Everyone seemed unknown and unique. All I can remember is being so nervous and puzzled. I have learnt that home away from home isn't easy at all. Perhaps, it was thoroughly emotional.

But, upon arrival to Park Hotel, day-by-day, things around started to change –became more exciting, more lively and more familiar. I read so many exciting things about Korea long before and happy to experience that same on my own feet. It was possible due to all the APCEIU staff. I was deeply humbled by the kind gesture of you all. I was touched on many occasions.
 Perhaps, it was honestly a long chapter of life to get such a rare opportunity that was extremely filled with great lessons of learning and indeed a very expensive experience of Korea. The help and support rendered to us was unparalleled. THANK YOU FOR THAT!

Brilliant green vegetation, mountains, cities and cars, lit by the setting sun was not only amazing to watch but also was a colossal experience in Korea –trip to DMZ and Busan was memorable in a thousand different ways. The places were like Heaven on Earth for all humanity. Interestingly all the lessons were greatly linked with nature and every stone has a great history on the back. I have learnt a lot that I can apply it in my everyday life. Perhaps, the miracle of Han River isn't far from my heart.

At times I saw you all exasperated yet I saw you all giving very best, very hard, sweating at times to make us feel happy and comfortable was something very special I have seen around. You all are genius! I left Korea but not all the good memories made around the cities and APCEIU building. The time you all have sacrificed was something very Extraordinary. You all taught us things that can last for eternity. THANK YOU FOR THAT!

You all have taught us from the baby steps of living in Korea –together we learnt to cross the traffic, we walked in the rain making good memories. We ate together in the restaurants, you all taught us to use restroom, talk to your people, shopping, use subways, use chopstick and many more...,

Although I will be leaving Korea in a few days, I will keep supporting your country in international sports. I will carry your flag high up in the air for a world cup football game and that's a promise made in heaven. I will keep supporting your K-POP stars. I will keep supporting the development and progress of your country. And I will keep talking high about your country in terms of advanced technology.  

Sometime, you happen to visit my country, – a very tiny, under-developed, landlocked country, please do let me know. If I am nearby, I can come to offer my Hi and Bye greetings! Let me tell you a few things about my country, we are very simple and ordinary people humbled in our hearts. We do not have expensive and complicated systems like yours. But, we are a very safe and beautiful nation sharing one common goal of life and endurance; we have strong unity and firm family bondage, and respect is deeply cultured in our system. However, I am sorry to tell you that stray dogs are quite common in the street and it may scare you sometime. SORRY FOR THAT!

As the sun begins to set for the last day, the new hope of reaching home begins to whelm the mood like sun rays over the diamond. And…

Finally, before I close my air bus window, before an occasional cloud starts to appear up in the uncertain sky of the land that became my sweet home for 2 months, before sun goes down the horizon, and before I fly to a very far away to the land where I belong, to my Land of Happiness, my warm regards to entire APCEIU family. Thank you very much Jihon LEE, Dahyun LEE, Nahyun Kwon, Jungmin, lecturers, education staff, drivers and others who have actively been involved in the program. Not to forget –a very active and helpful Hotel Manager (Park Hotel), housekeeping (Park Hotel), and UNESCO/KOICA and the other people involved. I will be missing you all and KOREA!

We all are still a friend, friend forever, friend eternal!

Gam Sa Ham ni da! Beyond the Earth and the Sky!

With love from BHUTAN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iron Lady of India dies at 68.

It was neither a good news to millions of Tamilian nor to the parliament house. But, she will continue to remain one of the most influential person in politics and in the film industries. Perhaps, she became more than the goddess of Tamil Nadu politics. She has been a greatest asset to her country in her best pursuit. The women who has ruled India more like 'Gandhian Philosophy.'   Jayalalithaa jee She has done every preeminent possible ways to bring massive changes in the life of millions of people and uplifted the Indian society than any other women. She had worked so hard, she had risk every bits of her life just for the benefit of all the Indians because of which she had gained a huge popularity amongst the other leaders. She was popularly known as an ‘ Iron Lady ’ for being tough and firm in her action and ‘ Amma ’ for acting more than a mother for millions of homeless and to the needy ones.’   The best part I have seen throughout her political regime and fil

Golden Words Of King Jigme Singye Wangchuck

King Jigme Singye Wangchuck "...in particular, speaking for myself; my sorrow in having lost my own father is indeed very great. What is more the country has lost a king whose kind has till now never been known..."                                                                ( Royal proclamation to the people of Bhutan, July 26, 1972)                                      "...as far as you, my people, are concerned, you should not adopt the attitude that whatever is required to be done for your welfare will be done entirely by the government. On the contrary, a little effort on your part will be much more effective than a great deal of effort on the part of the government..."                                     ( Address to the people of the Bhutan on the coronation day . June 2 nd , 1974) "...children are our treasures. They hold the promise of the future and therefore, it is only right that they should be given every opportunity to develop

Goodbye Beloved Teachers

When life has thousands reasons to walk and live, I've thousands different ways to spend my coming holidays. So, does you all my ‘teacher-colleagues’ I've been working so hard for nearly, 280 days round the clock in, educating different lives with different wants, likes and ages. Honestly, I've been so busy and fully occupied for countless hours of teachings, correcting exam papers, assessing note books etc… – and that is called the life of a ‘every tangible teachers’. As a teacher/educator, almost every time - life goes beyond teaching and correcting exam papers. As, we need to engage our students into various fields of learning – going for extra classes, attending club activities, prayers, co-curricular activities, literary activities, cultural programs and so on…and this is the life of each teacher behind the screen. Yet, we get lots of blame starting from the people of highest rank to the lowest. In Bhutan, now a day in the name of suicide case, educa