Skip to main content

Work. Life. Pain



I rushed outside with my two kids to catch the precious winter sun around the parking lot. Instead, I made a mind to head directly towards my house owner's new building construction site thinking that I can hang up my kids outside longer. 

 

Like no other place on earth, my two kids like this site because they get to see, touch and play with different things. The shrilling and occasional hammering sounds attract them even more in the area. Apart from this, they also get to interact with different faces and the languages. 

 

For the past few months, the site has become a favorite spot not only for me but also for my two kids for many good reasons. As we watch them work, we get to learn the art of carpentry, masonry, lifting, loading, carrying, mixing, fixing, etc. Above all, the fine hands of Indian Bhaias. The sacrifice they make each second to lift our country to greatness. 

 

One Bhaia in 40's who has worked all his life in building construction with courage picked an unusual topic –The Australian Rush!

 

I guess maybe he must have heard about this news from friends and passersby that every –Nima, Dawa, and Karma of Bhutan are leaving to work and study in Australia. 

 

I honestly do not know why he strangely picked this topic to discuss with me. But, he meant it seriously. I can sense some urgency and authority in his voice.

 

Bhaia, there could be many stories behind this rush. But, to me and what I heard from friends and through social media is that there are part-time jobs for students and good earnings for the dependent paid on hourly basis which we lack here. Bhutanese in Australia are doing so good in the eyes of Australians and in return they are granting more visas. 

 

The other point that came to me was the inflation and salary which is contributing more people and especially civil servants to quit their job and look for greener pastures abroad for work, earn and study.

 

One thing that seriously struck was his tone in which he told me this.

 

Sirrrrrrr...., please, don't leave Bhutan. Here, it is more peaceful (yeha, achaa hay!) Moreover, you are a civil servant and a father. You are treated high in society. You have good future scope. You can do many good things for your king and the country. Your kids need you in every moment of their lives. They are growing, more than the Australian dollars, they need your physical and emotional support. You are educated. The choice is yours. You know the best for your kids. Bhutan is a good place to work and live. There is more urgent work to do here in Bhutan than in Australia. Honestly, there are more jobs in Bhutan than the people here.

 

As I had the sharing and the pain, my two kids had enough for the day. The warmth of the sun. The shape. The touch. The sound. The sand. The soil. The air. 

 

I had to stop him! 

 

Because it is time for us to head home and cook. I was heavily put to think by my friend [Indian Bhaia] with his Soul Piercing Questions!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iron Lady of India dies at 68.

It was neither a good news to millions of Tamilian nor to the parliament house. But, she will continue to remain one of the most influential person in politics and in the film industries. Perhaps, she became more than the goddess of Tamil Nadu politics. She has been a greatest asset to her country in her best pursuit. The women who has ruled India more like 'Gandhian Philosophy.'   Jayalalithaa jee She has done every preeminent possible ways to bring massive changes in the life of millions of people and uplifted the Indian society than any other women. She had worked so hard, she had risk every bits of her life just for the benefit of all the Indians because of which she had gained a huge popularity amongst the other leaders. She was popularly known as an ‘ Iron Lady ’ for being tough and firm in her action and ‘ Amma ’ for acting more than a mother for millions of homeless and to the needy ones.’   The best part I have seen throughout her political regime and fil

Golden Words Of King Jigme Singye Wangchuck

King Jigme Singye Wangchuck "...in particular, speaking for myself; my sorrow in having lost my own father is indeed very great. What is more the country has lost a king whose kind has till now never been known..."                                                                ( Royal proclamation to the people of Bhutan, July 26, 1972)                                      "...as far as you, my people, are concerned, you should not adopt the attitude that whatever is required to be done for your welfare will be done entirely by the government. On the contrary, a little effort on your part will be much more effective than a great deal of effort on the part of the government..."                                     ( Address to the people of the Bhutan on the coronation day . June 2 nd , 1974) "...children are our treasures. They hold the promise of the future and therefore, it is only right that they should be given every opportunity to develop

Goodbye Beloved Teachers

When life has thousands reasons to walk and live, I've thousands different ways to spend my coming holidays. So, does you all my ‘teacher-colleagues’ I've been working so hard for nearly, 280 days round the clock in, educating different lives with different wants, likes and ages. Honestly, I've been so busy and fully occupied for countless hours of teachings, correcting exam papers, assessing note books etc… – and that is called the life of a ‘every tangible teachers’. As a teacher/educator, almost every time - life goes beyond teaching and correcting exam papers. As, we need to engage our students into various fields of learning – going for extra classes, attending club activities, prayers, co-curricular activities, literary activities, cultural programs and so on…and this is the life of each teacher behind the screen. Yet, we get lots of blame starting from the people of highest rank to the lowest. In Bhutan, now a day in the name of suicide case, educa